Parks Place Community Resource Center, Bellows Falls, Vermont
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume along with salary requirements to [email protected]. Deadline for submission is February 23, 2018.
Founded by local residents seeking to increase support for children and families, Parks Place has developed into a thriving non-profit that connects people to the resources they need to move their lives forward. Over forty partners from state agencies and non-profits organizations use Parks Place as an outpost. In the 22 years since it opened, the organization has developed from a community dream into a vital resource that serves over 3,000 individuals annually, over 7,000 connections made.
We seek an Executive Director who is a visionary with a passion for serving others and a firm belief in the value of every individual. This person should possess the creativity and energy to lead the organization into its next stage while ensuring continuity of programming.
Parks Place exemplifies the “Patch Approach” promoting collaboration; co-locating programs; creating a “one-stop-shop” of resources. Volunteers play a substantial role in every day operations, contributing to the community’s sense of ownership.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum five-years of progressive leadership and management experience. Strong candidates will possess proven leadership skills, a track record of successfully directing operations and staff, have had significant budget responsibility and fundraising success, demonstrated ability to develop strong community networks and partnerships and experience reporting to a Board of Directors or working closely with one. A bachelor’s degree is required; MA or advanced degree preferred.
Personal Attributes & Skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as, grant writing/ management experience.
Passionate and persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
Organized, independent, collaborative, decisive and capable of effectively maneuvering through complex situations.
Passion for serving others in accordance with the organization’s mission.
Work with Board of Directors
- Attend Executive committee and board meetings
- Implement decisions of the board
- Prepare materials and presenters for board meetings
- Provide staff support to Board committees
- Collaborate with Board members in fundraising, planning, and implementation
- Provide guidance/insight to board regarding daily operations
Staff and volunteers
- Foster a workplace environment that encourages staff and volunteers to do their best work
- Provide oversight to the Lead Safe and Healthy Homes Program and the Community Justice Center
- Responsible for evaluations, HR, and training
Spokesperson for the organization- working to make Parks Place visible and understood
- Attending and presenting at local and statewide meetings
- television appearances on public access channel
- Make presentations to local business organizations such as Rotary, Women’s Club and faith based organizations.
- Responsible for the Newsletter and other publications
- Responsible for Monthly Patch Team and coordination among providers
- Solicit major donors (individuals, businesses and foundations)
- Be conversant with fundraising and planned giving concepts to be effective in solicitations and planning
Care of building and grounds
- Create welcoming atmosphere with in Parks Place
- Arrange for repairs and maintenance
- Supervise cleaning/cleaning staff
- Respond to individual program staff needs (furniture, filing cabinets, lighting, storage)